Monday, April 2, 2012

Lego Banner


I pinned this Super Hero banner from One Charming Party (click over and check it out), a while back and wanted to alter it to use the many Lego boxes my own Lego Master has collected.  Trevor was holding on to them like they were treasures.  When I talked him into letting my make something out of them, I got right to work.  In the link above, the banner is made by sewing comic book pages into red bias tape.  I knew this wasn't an option for the boxes so I made it work with these materials: boxes, red duct tape, exacto knife, banner template.

First, I made a banner template by folding a piece of 8 x 11 paper in half and then folding the corners in to meet at the center.  I traced the template onto the boxes and used an exacto knife to cut them out (I started with scissors, but it didn't work so well).


When I had all the pieces cut out, I layed them in the order I wanted them to hang.  I used my long kitchen counter to pull out the red duct tape. (I haven't used colorful duct tape before, but ended up liking it.)



I positioned all the Lego triangles at the mid line in the tape.  Next, carefully fold the tape over to secure the banner in place.



Now, find the perfect place to hang it!  When Trevor saw the Lego banner hanging in his room, he loved it!



He loved it so much that I found him working on his own Lego banner at 6:30am the next morning, after digging through the recycle bin to find what I thought were scraps!


I realized at that moment, my mom's love of crafts is living on through me into her grandchildren.

I linked up at Brassy AppleSkip To My Lou
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This would be any little boy's dream! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete