Monday, June 27, 2011

S'mores, Books and New Friends

Let me just tell you, if you don't already know, I love chocolate.  I love See's, Cabury, Hershey, Nestle...the list goes on and on.  While I was in Europe for three months after graduating from college, I sampled so many treats I actually gained 20 pounds.  There were crepes with nutella and banana, pasteries and cookies, chocolate crossants, chocolate bars from Belguim and Switzerland.  Yummy!  So it might not surprise you that I love S'mores.  I have seen so many recipes around blogland for S'more treats, that I just had to test one out.  I found this recipe for S'mores bars at http://alchemybaking.blogspot.com/2011/06/smores-bars.html 
They turned out delicious!

Here are a few more links of other S'morelicious recipes:
S'mores Cookies at http://outlawmommy.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/p61966621.jpg
 S'more Cake Pops at http://theoutlawmom.com/2011/06/24/truffle-brownie-smore-cake-pops/

S'mores cupcakes at http://annies-eats.net/2009/11/16/smores-cupcakes/
I couldn't download this picture, but click here.  They look so tasty.

I made the S'more bars to bring to a book club on this past Friday night.  I love to read.  I remember when my sister, Lena and I were sharing a room.  I was on the top bunk and I loved to stay up late and read.  She did not, so I was forced to drape my comforter over the bunk bed to shield her from the light.  That worked for a while, but then she would wake up and unplug my light, since she was on the bottom bunk.  That makes me smile to think of that time.

Well, I still like to stay up late and read.  I was excited to join a new book club.  Book Clubs can be so much fun and really get you to step outside your normal reading box.  The book we read this month was The stories I only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe.  Now, this is a story I wouldn't normally pick out to read but I found it interesting and well written.  I was a bit nervous Friday night to be joining a group of women whom I didn't really know.  Thankfully, they welcomed me in and I felt very comfortable to be a part of their special club.  The hostess, was thinking the same thing I was...she baked her own graham crackers and we made traditional S'mores for dessert.  Delicious!

Enjoy the summer with a S'more! 



This picture was taken last Fall at Grand Lake, Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think you did a lot of smiling when i turned off the lights, but glad you do now. makes me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my Truffle Brownie S'mores Pop! Looks like you're enjoying the one you had :-)

    ReplyDelete